Saturday, February 28, 2009

Splash!

Before I begin, A shout out to Lara, who is not a snob :P
Thanks for the lifts and patience you have with me La!

Also a shout out to those braving the cold in Slum Survivor this weekend:

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20090227/local/slum-survivor
http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20090228/local/charity-begins-at-home

Now...
A sadish worry loaded blog coming up...
people not in the mood are excused from the web page now...


I'm not going through the best of times...It's just not good...
Besides all the literature I have to read for the different credits at uni, most of which are just useless sometimes, I keep accepting artistic work from people...
now don't get me wrong, I love doing them, and I'm even Happier when I see them being used, always the better if it's for His glory, but besides the time factor, there's my bloody laptop...

My laptop has been with me the past six years...I've worked a lot on it, carried it to practically any location, done some gd pictures and videos too, if i do say so myself, but it is now getting old...

It cant keep up with the work I want to do...and with the regular crashes...starting any project in it is a risk. Saving every so often wont help as you are never sure it's even going to switch on again.

Besides this fact, If it happens to be a 'good' day, the battery looses its charge after 5 minutes, and to add to this the power supply doesnt connect well...It needs to be kept under pressure or It just won't hold...

So I need a new laptop to continue the work I love doing...and heres the main problem...the money...As most of you know I'm in my third first year, that means no smart card and no stipend...so all books and stuffs comes out of my 0 income. so you can imagine how likely the possibilities of me buying a laptoip in the near future are...

the lack of a car...I'm dealing with...It's like i survived before I can do it again...walking bussing and getting lifts...we're moving along.

So sitting down and talking seriously with my mum yesterday...I re-realised (that's realised again) that I need a job...ofcourse this has it's own problems...I find myself incapable of studying and having a mentally stressful job at the same time. The ideal situation would be to find some one who is willing to pay me for what I love the most...I need to get paid for drawings, posters, filming and editing projects I get myself involved in...

again, i dont wanna be misunderstood...I'm not trying to suggest to those people who I've done stuff for, or doing stuff for, to pay me, i accepted without payment so thats settled...but it would just be the ideal situation.

the next best would be finding an evening part time in a shop somewhere...(me being a geek...preferably a book shop)...any one knows of anything...let me know.

To add to my worries filming team, besides always needing new equipment, now needs a new van, as most of you've heard, the one we were using, kindly provided by Mr. Abela, was stollen, used in a robbery, and dumped into the sea near Valletta.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20090227/local/van-pulled-ashore
http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20090226/local/car-crashes-into-the-sea

so the problems keep on coming.

I think I've ranted on long enough.

so
see you...
Tonight y4j youth mass at San Gwann...I should be there...

Gbu
Xmun

2 comments:

Martine said...

hugs...
if i were to comment i'd just repeat my blog post, so just go read it!
ps.. im looking for a job too, so if i find one or hear of anything i'll let u know!

Ms Al said...

Of course you should get paid for your work!! I'll keep you in mind.