Sunday, February 10, 2008

Two KICK-ASS Weekends

Hey people,
mela...i have been bugged cause i didnt update after the youth weekend...so here, i'm going to speak bout the weekend of the 1st 2nd and 3rd Febuary, and the last on of the 8th 9th and 10th.
Mela

the community weekend:



It was AMAZING!! I mean, yeah ok it was fun and living with everyone so close is just amazing, but even spiritually, it was fantastic. I came out of there really ready to go out there and spread His word and do His work. I grew really close with Ian and Drew who I was sharing a room with, and we wrote a song :) Friday evening instead of spending the time wasting it, joking around and chatting, we prayed together, and came up with a song of prayer. really nice, wont post it here, but it will soon be revealed.



The saturday evening 60's and 70's party was fun and funny, lol some of the costumes where just hilarious. I went as a 60's nerd, and it was fun. Except of course Doreen thought i didnt dress up, which is kind of offensive. but anyway. Sunday was nice and a powerful day too.



And I finally announced to Community I'm going abroad. It was sad, i mean everyone cried!! gah really gonna miss you all.



It was a brillaint weekend. I think the best I've had. Even though...i suppose i should put it out there to avoid uncomfortable situations: Since I am going abroad for a long time, and me and Ang had decided that a long distance relationship for so long is wrong to even try (personaly) so we broke up now. I am sad about it, and I do miss her, but it needed to be done. and i know that i am going to grow in the Lord in the next few months in Malta making me ready for my years abroad.



****************************************************

Anyway....moving on....
a week of work and studies and drawing...
this weekend:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JOELLE!!!!!!!!

The camping weekend:



We were supposed to go camping Friday evening after the community meeting (which my dad came to without being forced or asked to!) but the weather was a little wet and therefore a certain three people chickened out, so it had been cancelled, until we came up with the idea of waking up at an ungodly hour and go the following day. So Saturday morning...i mean EARLY morning, we made our way to the camp site. (we hope to organize one for everyone soon)



This place is very nice, sheltered, still cold, but fantastic, good trees to climb and goodish ground to work in. well we got there.... at 9.30am we opened the first round of pints....out of the 80 we had available :) and then the pitching of the tent started, went relatevely well considering only two out of the seven people there knows how a camp works.



Oh might i add, we looked ready to kill...all of us in beanies, with knives and saws an axe and an airgun. we were not afraid. anyway, the fire was then built (and kept burning till the evening woots!) and miguel began to cook lunch...the best rabbit i ever tasted, really really really good. we then just enjoyed ourselves relaxing and so on...it got really cold.



At a point some members of the opposite sex came to say hi, and they left again later taking away one of us who could not take the hard camping life (co-pussy-ugh)



I splept horribly...the only one damn it....how? dunno...well morning.
I say this: insomniac roosters suck as nieghbours They started crowing at fucking 4.30am...the sun is three hours away! anyway, draged myself into my clothes, all 5 layers of them, dragged myself out into the cold morning and took a pee!...lol we later marked our teritory... anyway... breakfast over the fire, which we managed to light regardless of the wet!



and i must say...there's no way of letting off tention and aggression than an axe and a tree stump:



and im sure it stuck by luck.

yeah great two weekends. i will post my kick ass videos when i get down to doing them.

Gbu all

Xmun

4 comments:

Sarah said...

LOOOL mike there are so many health rules you are breaking in those 27 seconds loool hehe nice video though :P hehe WER SO COMING WITH YOU NEXT TIME !!! NO EXCUSES IF WER PUSSY'S!!!!

LOOOL

Anonymous said...

lool mike...x'fidil fik! heheh
yess sarah 4 craps sake we rlly gotta do one...ill bring d air rifle wit me hihi ;)

luv u all =)

Matt said...

Haha, yah, twas guuuud. You have to show the OTHER video of mike's chopping skills ;P damn i laughed!

Matt-o

Anonymous said...

ah! i rlly dont no wat to write but i shall write anyhow!!! glad uve enjoyed ur weekends :) gbu!!!